Dev Ops Engineer
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Onsite Flexibility: All Onsite
AWS Certified Solution Architect-Associate /AWS Certified Dev. Op, SQL and Unix/Linux shell scripting
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
V2Soft ( www.v2soft.com ) is a global company, headquartered out of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, with locations in Mexico, Italy, India, China and Germany. At V2Soft, our mission is to provide high performance technology solutions to solve real business problems. We become our customer’s true partner, enabling both parties to enjoy success. We are committed to promoting diversity in the workplace, and believe it has a positive effect on our company and the customers we serve.
Job Summary :
Company requires a DevOps Engineer to join the team responsible for operations (installation and maintenance) in company’s test and production environments. This individual must have a strong ability to integrate cloud principles with application deployment processes. Good system administration, technical operations, and ability to communicate and work with others are critical for success.
- Extend existing infrastructure to leverage cloud services (primarily AWS).
- Automate our code builds and deployments based on DevOps/Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery principles.
- Establish and manage operational and security policies to mitigate risk in cloud-hosted environments.
- Collaborate with development teams to help provision scalable and reliable application software running in a cloud environment.
- Create and utilize tools to monitor applications and services in the cloud, including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection.
- Participate in on-call escalation to troubleshoot customer-facing issues regarding the cloud environments.
- Mentor and train existing IT Operations personnel on cloud provisioning and best practices.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Extensive experience in designing, building, and administering internet-based full stack commercial applications.
- Extensive experience in managing data-centric, web-based applications.
- Knowledge and experience with container technologies – Docker and Kubernetes preferred.
- Hands-on experience with cloud formation templates.
- Working knowledge of on premise hosting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Visio.
- Jenkins and continuous integration.
- Infrastructure as code tooling (cloud formation/Terraform/Chef).
- Experience with Atlassian products including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Experience with middleware and B2B gateway products.
- Knowledge of SQL and Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect-Associate /AWS Certified Dev. Ops. Engineer- Professional or similar experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities.
- Ability to document and update standard operating procedures.
- Disciplined, detail-oriented, and well organized with a strong background in operational methodology.
- Ability to interface and work with varied positions and levels of technical knowledge both within the department and with other departments in the company.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills to quickly determine root causes of problems and drive towards solutions.
- Must foster a collaborative and collegial atmosphere within a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Other Essential Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience hands-on experience supporting, automating, and optimizing mission critical deployments, leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes.
Copyright © 2021 V2Soft, Inc. All Rights Reserved