ETL Engineer(Specialist – Data Engineering)
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, MI
Onsite Flexibility: All Onsite
V2Soft (www.v2soft.com) is a global company, headquartered out of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, with locations in Mexico, Italy, India, China and Germany. At V2Soft, our mission is to provide high performance technology solutions to solve real business problems. We become our customer’s true partner, enabling both parties to enjoy success. We are committed to promoting diversity in the workplace, and believe it has a positive effect on our company and the customers we serve.
Complete remote option available. Candidates anywhere across USA can apply.
Role: ETL Engineer (Specialist – Data Engineering)
Exp: 7+ yrs
Work Location: Bangalore
The data engineering specialist will primarily focus on development of large volume information ingestion and transformation. This position is responsible for orchestrating data interfaces into (and out of) our Enterprise Data Warehouse using Talend, SQL, Python and other data engineering solutions.
- Design and develop ETL (Talend) / SQL / Python based processes to perform complex data transformation processes.
- Design, code, and test major data processing features, as well as work jointly with other team members to provide complex software enhancements for the enterprise data storage platforms (RDBMS and No-SQL platforms)
- Build Data Integration solutions to handle batch / streaming / IoT data on ETL, Big-Data platforms.
- Develop and Deliver changes in the Enterprise Data Warehouse according to Data Warehousing best practices
- Gather requirements and construct documentation to aid in maintenance and code reuse in accordance with team processes and standards
- Design, code, and test major data processing features, as well as work jointly with other team members to provide complex software enhancements for the enterprise data storage platforms
- Monitor scheduled jobs and improve reliability of ongoing processing
- Monitor, measure, and enhance ways to improve system performance
- Ability to multi-task deliverables and manage them in an efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Understanding and Hands-on experience with key technologies (SQL, ETL, Data modeling, data processing)
- Development experience in a Big-Data environment a Plus; Spark, Kafka, Message Queues
- 1 – 2 yrs Hands-on experience with ETL tools
- Strong SQL skills with Relational DBMS technology – SQL Server a plus
- Experience with shell scripting / Python
- Good understanding and expertise in relational database concepts and data processing concepts
- Experience in handling multiple data formats (Delimited file, JSON, XML etc)
- Hands on experience designing and implementing data ingestion techniques for real time processes (IoT, eCommerce) a plus.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of CRM, MDM, and Business Intelligence a plus
- Candidate must be thorough and detail-oriented
- Able to work on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment