Senior Data Engineer
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Onsite Flexibility: All Onsite
Azure, Data lake, data bricks and data factory
Master’s or Minor in Computer Science
V2Soft (www.v2soft.com) is a global company, headquartered out of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, with locations in Mexico, Italy, India, China and Germany. At V2Soft, our mission is to provide high performance technology solutions to solve real business problems. We become our customer’s true partner, enabling both parties to enjoy success. We are committed to promoting diversity in the workplace, and believe it has a positive effect on our company and the customers we serve.
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer (Azure)
8 years experienced candidate.
Skills required : Azure, Data lake, data bricks and data factory.
Completely remote, candidate anywhere from USA can apply.
Who you are:
- Possess excellent design and coding skills and a zeal for owning the complete SDLC of building applications in a DevOps environment
- You are curious. You like to learn new technologies, and you adapt well to change
- You are excited about working with Azure Data Platform
- You possess a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn
- You possess a strong sense of software engineering craftsmanship, take pride in your code
- You thrive in collaborative agile teams and are ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of software engineering solutions
- Possess a strong sense of design, zeal for coding and takes pride in the code they are responsible for while defining best practices as our teams abide by a You Build It You Own It attitude
What You will Own:
- Collaborating with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in Microsoft Azure Data Platform
- Leading the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of current trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Assisting in the hiring of top engineering talent and maintaining our commitment to our values, culture, and passion
The ideal candidates should:
- Very strong on database concepts, data modelling, stored procedures, complex query writing, performance optimization of SQL queries.
- Strong experience in
- T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake Store
- Azure Data Lake Analytics (Good to have, not mandatory)
- Azure SQL DB
- Azure SQL DW
- Azure Analysis Services, DAX
- Azure Data Bricks with Python/Scala
- Experience in building end to end solution using Azure data analytics platform.
- Experience in building generic framework solution which can be reused for upcoming similar use cases.
- Experience in building Azure data analytics solutions with DevOps (CI/CD) approach.
- Experience in using TFS, Azure Repos.
- Mentor peers to gain expertise on Azure data platform solutions skills.
- Experience in developing, maintaining, publishing, and supporting dashboards using Power BI.
- Strong experience in publishing dashboards to Power BI service, using Power BI gateways, Power BI Report Server & Power BI Embedded.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering/Math/Statistics/Econometrics or related discipline
- Should have 3-8 years of experience in MSBI with relevant hands-on experience in Azure Data Platform (must) for a minimum of 3 years.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Master’s or Minor in Computer Science
- Architecture, design experience with good knowledge of data model design & their implementation.
Copyright © 2021 V2Soft, Inc. All Rights Reserved